Friday, December 22, 2006

Just In Time



I finally finished my Christmas stocking. There were a few problems with the pattern or maybe with my interpretation of the pattern. I ended up ripping out the foot part and making my own modifications.



This pattern called for putting in a scrap piece of yarn for the heal then later going back pulling out scrap yarn picking up the stitches to knit the heal. This part went well. I just did it loop by loop making sure not to loose any of the stitches.

Overall I like the end result, and am so happy to move onto my Norwegian Hat.
HE HE HE HO HO HO.

Happy Holidays!
I am over at Alpaca Rose.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just finished knitting this same jester stocking, and I think there is something wrong with the pattern too...the foot looks out of proportion with the heel, and the toe after the switch to colors A and B is not as many rows as the picture. Did you have this same problem? You said you ended up ripping out the foot - how did you alter the pattern to correct it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This was my first stocking, and I am so disappointed in how it looks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home