Friday, December 01, 2006

1 Down...

Hi Everyone, I finished my first stocking! The name was duplicate stitched on AKA swiss darning. This was my first time doing it and I found it pretty easy, the trick is not to pull the yarn too hard, otherwise you'll get the background color showing out...I used this tutorial. Now I just need to make a trip to the fabric store to find a lining, put it in and it's done! (Well now I need to start on mine!)

12_01_06_017_adjust

Annie's Woolens Christmas Moose Stocking
In Plymouth galway (#16, #17, #8)
US 8 16" Addi Needle/US 8 DPNS


Thanks,
Keri

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Becky said...

It looks great! Congrats on finishing! And thanks so much for sharing the link - I may have to try that.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger L. said...

You really did a great job knitting your lovely stocking....congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home