Monday, November 06, 2006

My Christmas Stockings

I have completed one Christmas stocking which is for me. I made it with a grab bag of yarn that cost $6.00 I purchased from Ram Wools. Below are two photos. One is a close up. I did add a small white pearl emblishment to each side after the photo was taken. There were no duplicates of yarn in my grab bag. I put different yarns together to creat this stocking.




This next photo is one of the stocking I am knitting now. It is for a Christmas Stocking swap I am in. I designed this one myself. The off white cuff was done with a provisional cast on. The yarn is wool but of two different brands. One is Briggs and Little and the second is Lopi. The cuff is a lacey yarn.


The next Christmas stocking will be a very large mitten and not the traditional stocking.

I am certainly enjoying seeing everyone's Christmas stockings. The are all so lovely giving lots of ideas for the future.

Penny

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger L. said...

You did a great job....and what a bargain for your stocking! I like the lace cuff on your other one too.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home