Sunday, December 17, 2006

Stumped

I'm making the Fisherman Stocking. I've gotten to the heel and I have no clue what to do. This isn't my first sock either but it is my first sock knitted on two needles instead of in the round. Here is what the pattern says and for some reason I am just not seeing it.

"HEEL: Hold stocking with right side facing you and heel sts on 2 dpns at top (outer edges of stocking will be in the center between dpns). Join yarn at left outer edge of stocking (between dpns) and knit sts from left dpn onto right dpn = 32 sts now on one dpn. Continue with both dpns and work back and forth in rows as follows: ROW 1 (wrong side): Sl 1 as to purl, purl rem sts. ROW 2: SI 1 as to purl, knit rem sts. Rep Rows 1 and 2, 7 times more. (Note: You should now have a total of 16 rows, ending by working a knit row.)"

I have ny SnB on Tuesday and I hope someone there can help me figure it out.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Sorry I am no help. I can not picture it either as to what they are asking you to do. Never seen a sock pattern where only two needles are used for the heel.

Hopefully your goup will be able to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home