Friday, December 16, 2005

FO: Ragg Christmas Stockings

Ragg Stockings - Done! The names have been duplicate stitched on. Both stockings were given a quick bath (amazing how much nicer the yarn is after a dunk!) and reblocked. Then linings were sewn and added. It took 3 months and 1 week, but they're done, done, done!

Pattern: Ragg Christmas Stockings by Annie's Woolens
Yarn: Kit yarn. Probably Bartlett Yarns Acadian Tweed in gray/natural (6 oz. used) and Rangeley in Mountain Berry and Mountain Green (4 oz. each for both stockings)
Needles: Clover 16" circulars, sizes 6 and 8
Began: 9/5/05
Finished: (after much procrastination) 12/12/05
Recipient(s): My college best friend and her husband (wedding gift)

Techniques Learned: stranding/Fair Isle, hems, short row heel & toe, duplicate stitch, steam blocking, wet blocking, washing wool, lining knitted items, and a lot of sewing basics

More details and photos available at my blog.

6 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Those look Amazing! You did a great job on the Fair Isle knitting.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I'm sure they will love them.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

beautiful!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger L. said...

Stephanie,

What a great pair of stockings! How did you do such a nice job of duplicating the names? I just finished 2 stockings and had a devil of a time with the duplicating!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Manda said...

Laura, did you mean me?

Perfectionist that I am, duplicate stitching the names took me easily 4 hours. I did a lot of tugging this way and that to get them seated just right. I'm still not entirely happy with them, but it helps that the camera is so far away. ;-)

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these Rag Socks....great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home